Alive Mediasoft Announces Phoenix Fighters Features and Specs
Last week we sent you news of our new over-head style shoot-em-up for one
or two players. I am now in receipt of the full features which I have
listed for you below The full price for Phoenix Fighters is £14.99 UK
- Many different kinds of gameplay:
- One Player Missions:
Good variation of themes and objectives. Tricky in-game hint messages
giving a good exercise for your braincells. Hidden bonus objects to be
found. Missions are played with the cash and equipments from your last
mission. Password given on every third mission.
- Two Player Missions:
Missions as above but requires two cooperating players. Teamwork
at its best!
- Gate Races:
Fly the race-track in the shortest time possible, passing all gates in
order. Three difficulties. Fight for at place in the hall of fame (one
player mode) or to beat your opponent (two player mode).
- Gem Races:
Race as above, but the aim is to collect all gems a quick as possible.
- Dog Fight:
The mode that really test your skills. Fight against your friend to be
the one that last longest. Survival of the fittest are true indeed, so
plan your choice of ships, weapons and equipments well, and go for the
valuable gems to gain cash. Also, a bit of luck is not bad thing, if
you are unlucky, a single well aimed shot could damage your ship so
severly that you will be glad if you make it back to the base for
repairments. The Dog Fight mode is configurable in aspects of starting
cash, number of ships and more.
- Around 200 levels divided up on:
- 80 one player missions
- 50 two player missions
- 20 gate races
- 20 gem races
- 40 dog fight levels
- Fast action, constantly at 50 frames per second, even on low-end cpu's -
Large Levels, 512*800 pixels - More than 128 colours onscreen - Complex
priority based and distance controlled volume sound system - Upgrade your
ship. Dock your ship at your base at any time to buy,
sell and repair weapons, equipments and ships
- 20 different ships to use, all with individual characteristics
- 15 weapons to choose from, including high explosive weapons. Watch out
for the shockwaves!
- Realistic collisions, giving your ship a bounce and spin
- Doors, some opening for a specific player, one-way doors, force field
doors and more
- Teleporters, for quick transfer between different places in the level -
Walls which you can blast your way through. - Virus, obstacles growing and
growing in size until you destroy its source - Extra goodies to pick up.
Gems (cash), fuel, shields, extra lives... - Enemies with individual
energy shields and weapons - Special walls, reflecting shots that hits it
- Buttons to hit to activate doors, redirect teleporters and blow up new
paths in the level
- Race record file, saving name and time for the five fastest racers on
difficulty for each race level
- Force fields, tricky obstacles in the mission levels, learn to take
advantage of them in the races!
- Coward detection system, punishing any player in dog fights which tries
too defensive tactics!
- Power Unit Attachment, connecting your ship with a power unit adds
dimension to the ship controls. Mainly used in missions.
Platform: Amiga. PAL display mode
CPU: 68000+ (68020+ for some improvements)
OS Version: 1.2+ (v33+)
Graphics Chipset: OCS+
Memory: 0.5MB Chipmem + another 0.5MB of any memorytype
Amiga News IndexAmiga Web Directory
Champaign-Urbana Computer Users Group / email@example.com