MicroDot II 1.3 Available
MicroDot II is an integrated standalone mailer and newsreader written by
Oliver Wagner (firstname.lastname@example.org). It is a part of the VaporWare suite of
Internet applications. For more information on MD2 or any other VaporWare
products, please see our website - http://www.vapor.com/.
Please use the included Installer script to install MD-2, the
required libraries and MUI custom classes.
Starting with version 1.2, the old MD-2 keyfiles won't work anymore.
New keyfiles have been mailed out to everyone who already registered; if
you didn't receive your updated keyfile yet, please mail
stating where and when you originally ordered
Where to download it:
md2_13.lzx, 490587 Bytes
md2_13.lha, 441217 Bytes
http://vapor.ukonline.co.uk/ (File mirror only)
Mail to <email@example.com>, put "SEND MD2" in the body.
The file will be returned uuencoded.
Changes since the last public release:
- DB: corrupt index files could crash the
database cleanup due to a buffer overflow
- Net: added "Esoteric" page to network settings,
allowing users to change the ports used for
SMTP, POP3 and NNTP connects.
- DB: when fetching messages and an index wasn't
loaded into memory, MD-2 wouldn't close the
buffered index file, thus potentially losing data
when the system crashed while downloading.
- Net: will now save overall transient data structures
after doing a network fetch (to avoid message
number mismatchs when crashing -- although this
was not really a problem, because the numbers in
the group index are recovered when entering
- Net: Status window will now show the "login"
message of the relevant service which was contacted
- Net: Download manager will now issue a pop3 LIST
command to get the size of the messages in question
when necessary (aka, size wasn't returned with the TOP)
- Net: Modified handling of UIDL history. Now UIDL.history
is only written when "DELETE MAIL ON SERVER" is turned
off (makes no sense otherwise), and the new UIDLs are only
written until after the complete message fetch is done
(to avoid MD-2 skipping messages during the next fetch
which were lost due to a system crash)
- GUI: Message reader now uses Textinput "NoInput" objects
for the info lines, thus allowing copy&paste
- Net: fixed obscure behavior when a news server
would do a "NEXT" properly, but then bail out on
the following "ARTICLE" with some internal error.
In that case, MD-2 would abort the news fetch and
store an invalid article pointer, thus refetching
the group from scratch next time.
- GUI: "Default address" in group prefs is now
only available for mail sub groups
- added updated vapor_toolkit.library to release
- added updated vapor_registration.library to release
- added new Textinput revision to release archive
Amiga News IndexAmiga Web Directory
Champaign-Urbana Computer Users Group / firstname.lastname@example.org